Tired of seeing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-o.dll while running any program? Do you see “This program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.”? Your wait is over, We’ve curated a list of all the solutions for this error.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll?
- 2 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file missing
- 3 How to Install a DLL file on Windows 10?
- 4 Fix api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing Error
You might see this error while opening applications like Adobe products, SmartFTP, Autodesk, Corel Apps, Microsoft Office, Skype, etc. But why do you actually need to see this error? Well, You must be missing this file or have a corrupted version of it.
What is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll?
It is a Dynamic Link Libraries type of file found in your system. These are the external parts of any application that allows the application to run. Most of the software you use on your computers are not complete in themselves. These applications need some externally stored code, which is available in these files.
If the applications require the externally stored code, this is the time when this DLL file comes into action. The .DLL files load in the memory & allows the application to function properly. If this DLL file is missing or corrupted you will have to face some consequences. The program will not function properly.
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file missing
If any of your applications or software shows an error about the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, you need to fix this error. Before you can use the application, You will need to download this file or try other fixes as well. Your application cannot work properly without having this file as it contains important code for the application to work.
First of all, You need to check if there is any update available for your system. Also, make sure your drivers are up to date. The problem sometimes can occur because of the outdated software versions, windows or drivers. Check for updates available in your system & update your device.
How to Install a DLL file on Windows 10?
If you are able to find the file on the web, you must know about installing this file. You can install the DLL file on your system very easily. Follow the steps below and install the DLL file on your Windows 10 system.
- Press WIN+E simultaneously or Open File Explorer.
- Search for the location in the search box: C:\Windows\System32
- Paste the file in the folder.
- Open the location in the window: C\Windows\SysWOW64
- Paste the DLL file here.
- Once the file is pasted, You need to restart your PC and you’re good to go.
Your DLL file is installed on your Windows 10 system. Follow all the steps carefully. This method is specifically for Microsoft Windows 10 systems.
Fix api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing Error
You can follow some of the working methods to fix this missing api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file issue. You can fix this issue by downloading the file as well as other files to solve this problem.
Fix 1 – Install Windows Updates
The first fix to this issue can be checking for the latest updates on your Windows OS. As this file is a part of Microsoft Windows, if it is corrupted, you might receive an update for that. So first of all, check for the updates on your Microsoft Windows.
Microsoft might send updates including the fixes to some of the similar issues. It is possible that you might receive a solution in the latest update itself. It is better to check for the updates and install them if you find any. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Start menu. Type Updates in the search bar.
- Click on option termed as Check for Updates.
- Click on the Check for Updates button on the newly opened window.
- If you see any update available, click on the Download/Install updates.
- After updating, you will be asked to restart your pc. Restart your system now.
- Open the Application you were trying to open when you caught up with this error.
If the error still persists, there must be nothing in the update that could fix it. Check for another method.
Fix 2 – Download from Microsoft Officially
You can download it from Microsoft’s official website. You need to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from the website. All you have to do is follow these steps we have shared & you will have the file that can help to fix this error. If you still have this software installed on your system, check for the next method to repair it.
- Go to Microsoft Portal to download.
- Click on the Download button.
- Select the type of system you are using (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click on the Next button.
- You will see a file downloading on your system.
- When the downloading is finished, double-click on the file.
- The installation will begin, follow the instructions & press buttons accordingly.
Once the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is installed on your device, the error must have disappeared. Open the application you were trying to use & check if it still exists.
Fix 3 – Repair Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
If you have already installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your system, you might need to repair it. There can be some issues which might be causing the problem, you can try repairing this file & you will be good to go.
Here are some of the steps you need to follow in order to repair Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to Programs and click on Programs and Features.
- Look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 file.
- Click on it and then select Change from the options.
- Now, select Repair.
- Follow the instructions that you see on the screen & complete the process.
Once done, the application is repaired. You must not see the error now if the Visual C++ Redistributable file was responsible for it.
Fix 4 – Copy api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another computer
If any of the previous methods didn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have a solution that will require some searching & hard-work, but it will surely work. You need to copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file that is missing from your system.
So, the error is about missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file, What if we can copy & paste it to the same place. As the application that you are trying to use needs this file to be complete, you can copy it from someone else’s computer & paste it the location where it is needed.
In this way, you can fix the issue by just resolving the problem it says. However, You will need to find the computer with the same specifications as yours. Then it will work properly as it also might depend on the build system, hardware, etc. To do so, follow the steps below.
First of all, find the computer having similar specifications like yours. To check:
- Press the Windows key / Start button.
Search for system information. This will show you the specifications of your system.
- Try to match the specifications with the one you are copying the file from.
Now Copy the file from that computer and paste it as follows:
- Press Windows+E simultaneously or Open File Explorer directly.
- Now, Open this location in your window: C:\Windows\System32.
- In the Search box, type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. If you are unable to find this file, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and search for the file again.
- If you are successful finding the file in the folder, Paste the Copied file here and Replace the DLL file with the new one.
That was all about missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file error. If you are facing any problem while following the methods, let us know through the comments. You must follow the instructions properly and check the steps twice. Also, share your queries with us in the comments. If you have successfully fixed this error, let us know about that as well.
If you have any feedback/suggestions for us, share them in the comment box below. Also, follow us on all social media platforms to get the latest updates, tips and tricks, how to’s and much more. Share this with your friends if they are facing a similar problem on their computer.